- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons raspberry gelatin
- 1 pint fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 pint fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Divide mixture in half. Stir blueberries and lemon juice into one portion; spread over crust. Chill until set. Gently fold raspberries into remaining gelatin mixture; cool to room temperature and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over blueberry layer. Chill until set, about 2 hours.
- Carefully spread raspberry mixture over cream cheese layer. Chill for at least 4 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Red, White and Blue Berry Pie
"Am in the process of making this pie but have to return to the store for jello. For those of you like me who don't have any idea how many TB are in a small box of jello it is a smidgen over a TB and I only bought 2 boxes. Need a total of 5, silly me! Can't wait to eat this later."
"Made this for bridge last night and it was not only pretty, but awesomely deliciously. Additionally I now can make a much tastier glaze for summer fruit pies than the usual strawberry."
"This recipe has been around for years. I first tried this when I saw it in the Taste of Home magazine. It is awesome! Only thing is I use strawberries in place of raspberries. Be prepared for an empty pie plate and plenty of requests for this recipe!!!!"
"This was delicious .As someone else suggested I substituted Stawberries for the raspberries.I also used strawberry jello.I would suggest a deep dish crust it makes a lot of filling. Can't wait to make it for the 4th of July. I also may try with peaches and strawberries sometime"
"This is a very light and delicious pie. It was loved by all!"