- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons raspberry gelatin
- 1 pint fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 pint fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Divide mixture in half. Stir blueberries and lemon juice into one portion; spread over crust. Chill until set. Gently fold raspberries into remaining gelatin mixture; cool to room temperature and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over blueberry layer. Chill until set, about 2 hours.
- Carefully spread raspberry mixture over cream cheese layer. Chill for at least 4 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Red, White and Blue Berry Pie(2)
Sort By :
I have made this pie many, many times and always get rave reviews and requests for the recipe. I have found that it works very well to substitute frozen unsweetened raspberries for the fresh ones, which are often outrageously priced. However, for the blueberries, it's preferable to use fresh berries for the best flavor. A delicious pie -- highly recommended!
i have made this pie for many parties. everyone loves it. i put blueberries ontop for a red/blue effect. very good.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Pie Recipes >
- Blueberry Pies >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >