- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons raspberry gelatin
- 1 pint fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 pint fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Divide mixture in half. Stir blueberries and lemon juice into one portion; spread over crust. Chill until set. Gently fold raspberries into remaining gelatin mixture; cool to room temperature and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over blueberry layer. Chill until set, about 2 hours.
- Carefully spread raspberry mixture over cream cheese layer. Chill for at least 4 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Red, White and Blue Berry Pie
Sort By :
"This pie is absolutely delicious!!! I have made it twice, once with raspberries and once with strawberries. Both were delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!!"
"Excellent!!! My family loved this pie! It was light, cool and refreshing... the perfect dessert for 4th of July!"
"I want to make this pie because it got such good reviews. I dont care for raspberries so I will sub with fresh strawberries and strawberry gelatin. Also, whipped topping is such a sub standard product made of oil and chemicals, I will make real whipped cream and use that instead."
"This pie is soooo delicious! I've made others that are similar, but this pie is our favorite! Yum-yum!"
"Made this for memorial picnic, was gone before I got to try it lol big hit next time I will make several so I get some"