Red, White and Bleu Slaw Recipe
This refreshing salad is perfect for Fourth of July celebrations—or any time at all. The blend of flavors is wonderful. I use this coleslaw recipe as often as I can…it's just simply the best! —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 cups angel hair coleslaw mix
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup coleslaw salad dressing
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, tomatoes, salad dressing and 1/2 cup blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon bits and remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 245 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 960 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC