Red, White and Bleu Slaw
This refreshing salad is perfect for Fourth of July celebrations—or any time at all. The blend of flavors is wonderful. I use this coleslaw recipe as often as I can…it's just simply the best! —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups angel hair coleslaw mix
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup coleslaw salad dressing
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, tomatoes, salad dressing
- and 1/2 cup blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Just
- before serving, sprinkle with bacon bits and remaining cheese.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 245 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 960 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.