Red, White and Bleu Slaw Recipe
- 6 cups angel hair coleslaw mix
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup coleslaw salad dressing
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, tomatoes, salad dressing and 1/2 cup blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon bits and remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 245 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 960mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Red, White and Bleu Slaw
"REALLY delicious if you're a bleu cheese fan! And bacon fan!"
"One word, Excellente!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"This is a really great slaw! My husband and I absolutely loved it. The sweetness of the tomatoes, the bittersweet cabbage, smoky bacon and tangy blue cheese was perfect w/the Grilled Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches. We will definately be serving this slaw again and again!"
"i was born in elkhorn!!!!! good to see the small town area reprisented!!!"
"In addition to the angel hair slaw I add a bag of broccoli slaw then follow the recipe. There still is enough dressing to coat."
"How far ahead can this be made?"
"Way too much bleu cheese! I used used fried and crumbled bacon."
"Angel hair cole slaw is finely shredded cabbage sole under this name by Dole.Kazoo Mom"
"chocolatecarlady: Angel hair coleslaw is the finely shredded cabbage. :)"
"Help! What is "angel hair coleslaw?" Very finely shredded cabbage or cabbage with angel hair pasta?"
"I just use mayo, not coleslaw salad dressing. A little bit of Emeril's essence, too."
"This recipe is so easy to make. My husband hates coleslaw, but he loves this stuff - and the kids do, too!"