Red, White 'n' Blue Torte Recipe
In Royal City, Washington, Margery Bryan has guests seeing fireworks when she turns frozen pound cake into a patriotic pleaser. Assemble the tempting torte early in the day and keep it in the refrigerator until it's time for dessert.
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/2 cup blueberry pie filling
- 1/2 cup strawberry or raspberry pie filling
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving platter; spread with blueberry filling. Top with middle cake layer; spread with strawberry filling. replace top of cake.
- Frost top and sides with whipped topping. Refrigerate for several hours before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Red, White 'n' Blue Torte in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p20
Reviews for Red, White 'n' Blue Torte(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Cake Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Cake Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >