Red, White 'n' Blue Torte Recipe
Guests will see fireworks when you turn a frozen pound cake into a patriotic pleaser. Assemble this tempting torte early in the day and keep it in the refrigerator until it's time for dessert. —Margery Bryan, Moses Lake, Washington
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/2 cup blueberry pie filling
- 1/2 cup strawberry or raspberry pie filling
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- 1. Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving platter; spread with blueberry filling. Top with middle cake layer; spread with strawberry filling. replace top of cake.
- 2. Frost top and sides with whipped topping. Refrigerate for several hours before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 222 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Red, White 'n' Blue Torte
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC