Guests will see fireworks when you turn a frozen pound cake into a patriotic pleaser. Assemble this tempting torte early in the day and keep it in the refrigerator until it's time for dessert. —Margery Bryan, Moses Lake, Washington
Featured In: 17 All-American Recipes for Election Night
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/2 cup blueberry pie filling
- 1/2 cup strawberry or raspberry pie filling
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving platter; spread with blueberry filling. Top with middle cake layer; spread with strawberry filling. replace top of cake.
- Frost top and sides with whipped topping. Refrigerate for several hours before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Red, White 'n' Blue Torte in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p20
Reviews for Red, White 'n' Blue Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2013
"Quick, easy, a big hit"
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2009
"to saave on cholesterol, I would like to try an angel food loaf cake."