Red, White 'n' Blue Salad Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Whipped topping and additional berries, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve berry blue gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; stir in 1 cup cold water. Add blueberries. Pour into a 3-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add the cream and sugar; cook and stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved. cool to room temperature. Whisk in sour cream and vanilla. Spoon over the blue layer. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a large bowl, dissolve raspberry gelatin in remaining hot water; stir in remaining cold water. Add raspberries. Spoon over cream layer. Chill until set. Garnish with whipped topping and additional berries if desired. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Red, White 'n' Blue Salad
Sort By :
This is one of the best jello's I have made. Even my husband liked it and he does not even like jello. Great mix of fruit and flavor!
This tasted good, but I had trouble with the white layer. I followed the directions to a T but it didn't set up properly. Even after a night in the fridge it was still not quite set. Disappointing, but I will try again.. would be nice in red and green for Christmas.
This jello salad was both delicious and impressive! We used strawberries instead of raspberries and it turned out fabulous!
Really enjoyed making and serving this dish. So pretty and patriotic in the trifle dish! Refreshing, fun and different. A keeper!
This is a great go-to recipe when you need something to bring along. I've always gotten rave reviews; the middle layer is especially delicious. This is a fun recipe to switch up for any occasion, St. Patricks Day, etc. I just try not to mix gelatin types, citrus, berry, etc.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Jello Salad >
- Jello Salad Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >