Red, White 'n' Blue Salad Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Whipped topping and additional berries, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve berry blue gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; stir in 1 cup cold water. Add blueberries. Pour into a 3-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add the cream and sugar; cook and stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved. cool to room temperature. Whisk in sour cream and vanilla. Spoon over the blue layer. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a large bowl, dissolve raspberry gelatin in remaining hot water; stir in remaining cold water. Add raspberries. Spoon over cream layer. Chill until set. Garnish with whipped topping and additional berries if desired. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Red, White 'n' Blue Salad(18)
Sort By :
This jello salad was both delicious and impressive! We used strawberries instead of raspberries and it turned out fabulous!
Really enjoyed making and serving this dish. So pretty and patriotic in the trifle dish! Refreshing, fun and different. A keeper!
This is a great go-to recipe when you need something to bring along. I've always gotten rave reviews; the middle layer is especially delicious. This is a fun recipe to switch up for any occasion, St. Patricks Day, etc. I just try not to mix gelatin types, citrus, berry, etc.
I have made this for the Fourth of July ever since the recipe came out in TOH originally. I use a 9 x 13 glass Pyrex dish, which makes the layers very thin, but it's easier to transport and serve. I like to use a few more berries than indicated.
This is SO-o good ! Have made it a few times. Each layer has its own flavor and all good. Mine seem to take longer to set. ?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Jello Salad >
- Jello Salad Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >