- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional blueberries and raspberries, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk condensed milk, 2% milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Fold in sour cream. In another bowl, toss blueberries and raspberries with lemon juice.
- In a greased 9-in. springform pan, layer half of each of the following: cake cubes, berry mixture and pudding mixture. Repeat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, remove rim from pan. Serve with whipped topping and, if desired, additional berries. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Red, White & Blue Berry Trifle
"Good recipe and I have been making various types of trifles for many years as my family is from England. Great thing about trifle is you can do so many things with it! I do have a few suggestions. I suggest using strawberries, sliced bananas, and thawed, undrained frozen blueberries. Why frozen? The juice from the thawed blueberries will absorb into the cake. Next suggestion is for Angel Food cake instead of pound cake. It is fat free and will absorb the juices better. I also use vanilla pudding and don't add sour cream or condensed, just 2% per box directions. I layer with cake pieces, then blueberries (with juice), then pudding, then strawberries and bananas, then whipped cream then repeat. I have also done sugar-free pudding and sugar-free whipped cream for a super diet friendly dessert and know one even new!"
"made this for family this weekend for a test run for the 4th family loved it will definetly be making for the 4th"
"I liked this recipe, but next time I will use vanilla or another pudding flavor. ."
"The perfect summer recipe! I put it in a large glass bowl. Used French vanilla pudding instead of lemon. Delicious!"
"I recently made this for a party. I put it in individual jars & was thrilled when quest were able to take left over jars home. It was pretty easy to put together!"
"I made this for the 4th, big hit! I put it in a trifle bowl instead and used angel food cake and vanilla pudding. Also left out raspberries because the store I stopped at was out. Everyone really liked it!"
"This was pretty good! I made it in the mason jars like it was shown in the magazine. I'm curious to try it with vanilla pudding like another reviewer did."