Red, White & Blue Berry Trifle
This luscious trifle tastes best if made the day before serving. Keep additional blueberries and raspberries on hand for decoration. — Kaia McShane, Munster, Indiana
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional blueberries and raspberries, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk condensed milk, 2% milk and pudding mix 2
- minutes. Fold in sour cream. In another bowl, toss blueberries and
- raspberries with lemon juice.
- In a greased 9-in. springform pan, layer half of the cake cubes, half
- of the berry mixture and half of the pudding mixture; repeat.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, remove rim from springform pan. Serve with whipped topping
- and, if desired, additional berries. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 418 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.