Red, White & Blue Berry Trifle Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional blueberries and raspberries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk condensed milk, 2% milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Fold in sour cream. In another bowl, toss blueberries and raspberries with lemon juice.
- 2. In a greased 9-in. springform pan, layer half of each of the following: cake cubes, berry mixture and pudding mixture. Repeat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
- 3. To serve, remove rim from pan. Serve with whipped topping and, if desired, additional berries. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 418 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Red, White & Blue Berry Trifle
"I liked this recipe, but next time I will use vanilla or another pudding flavor. ."
"The perfect summer recipe! I put it in a large glass bowl. Used French vanilla pudding instead of lemon. Delicious!"
"I made it with strawberries and blueberries. Turned out really well. It took some maneuvering to get everything to fit in the springform pan, but overall it was pretty easy to make.And everyone loved it. Even the folks who don't like dessert loved it."
"I recently made this for a party. I put it in individual jars & was thrilled when quest were able to take left over jars home. It was pretty easy to put together!"
"I made this for the 4th, big hit! I put it in a trifle bowl instead and used angel food cake and vanilla pudding. Also left out raspberries because the store I stopped at was out. Everyone really liked it!"
"This was pretty good! I made it in the mason jars like it was shown in the magazine. I'm curious to try it with vanilla pudding like another reviewer did."
"Make it for an office birthday. Was a huge hit. Quick and easy and came out beautifully. Actually, even better than the picture here."
"Whole family loved it, looked like the picture featured when I made it and tasted as good as it looks!!!!"
"I really liked the taste of this trifle! I had the June/July Taste of Home in my car and quickly read over the recipe and went into the grocery store to pick up the items I needed. Well, I bought FRENCH VANILLA pudding instead of lemon (an accident!) and the fresh raspberries were SO EXPENSIVE that I simply bought a bag of frozen blackberries, blueberries and raspberries and used those instead. All I have to say is WOW!!!! The French Vanilla "accident" was incredible...I was worried the flavor would be too sweet on top of the berries but it was delicious! I love that this dessert doesn't feel heavy but rather light. I made a few "mini" trifles to share with my neighbors and they loved them as well. Definitely going to add this one to my "dessert box""