Red 'n' Green Gelatin Recipe
Brighten up your Christmas buffet table with this cheery salad. You can change the colors of the gelatin to fit other holidays, too. For the Fourth of July, I use red and blue gelatin with blueberry pie filling. -Ruth Yaple McKee Orlando, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups large marshmallows
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Let stand for 2 minutes. Stir in pineapple. Pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish. top with marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate until set.
- 2. In a small bowl; dissolve cherry gelatin in remaining boiling water. Let stand for 2 minutes. Stir in pie filling; pour over marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate until set. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC