- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups large marshmallows
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- In a small bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Let stand for 2 minutes. Stir in pineapple. Pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish. top with marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate until set.
- In a small bowl; dissolve cherry gelatin in remaining boiling water. Let stand for 2 minutes. Stir in pie filling; pour over marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Red 'n' Green Gelatin
"This was so easy. It looked just like the picture. It was so very delicious. I spread cool whip on top to give it three layers. The leftovers kept in the fridge for four days and after all that time it tasted as good as the day we first ate it. I will make this again. I think I will make it for the Fourth of July and replace the green jello with blue. I didn't think the directions were faulty. I have made jello before and I had no trouble figuring out that when you mix the jello with the water you need a separate cup of boiling water for each packet of jello."
"I found these directions to be faulty. In the recipe photo, the marshmallows look perfectly placed. They bobbed all over for me because the green gelatin needed to be set longer than the instructions indicated. The same was true with the red layer. It was too warm and the marshmallows would not stay put and even melted slightly. I think, with modification, this would be a doable salad. Disappointing for a Christmas buffet to say the least."
"my just love it i am making it for dinner of 100people"
"They make it sound like you can use the boiling water for both parts of the dessert. If the jello has to set up, you would have to reheat 1 C of water."