During a long Midwest winter, I crave greens and tomatoes from the garden. These leaf lettuces and grape tomatoes have a fantastic out-of-the-garden taste. Thank goodness we can get them all year 'round..—Jasmine Rose, Crystal Lake, Illinois
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/2 cup grapeseed or canola oil
- 2 heads Boston or Bibb lettuce, torn
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup sliced English cucumber
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Gradually whisk in grapeseed oil until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuces, red pepper, celery, cucumber, peas and tomatoes. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/3 cups each).
Originally published as Red & Green Salad with Toasted Almonds in Taste of Home December 2013
Reviews for Red & Green Salad with Toasted Almonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2014
"Very tasty salad - and pretty, too! The crunch of the almonds adds another layer of flavor, and the dressing goes perfectly with it."
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2013
"Yum! The dressing was also great tossed over rice and steamed veggies."