During a long Midwest winter, I crave greens and tomatoes from the garden. These leaf lettuces and grape tomatoes have a fantastic out-of-the-garden taste. Thank goodness we can get them all year 'round..—Jasmine Rose, Crystal Lake, Illinois
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/2 cup grapeseed or canola oil
- 2 heads Boston or Bibb lettuce, torn
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup sliced English cucumber
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Gradually whisk in grapeseed oil until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuces, red pepper, celery, cucumber, peas and tomatoes. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/3 cups each).
Originally published as Red & Green Salad with Toasted Almonds in Taste of Home December 2013
Reviews for Red & Green Salad with Toasted Almonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review