Really Rocky Road Brownies Recipe
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups butter
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add flour to chocolate mixture Stir in nuts if desired.
- 2. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in.-square baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake).
- 3. For topping: sprinkle each pan with 1 cup of marshmallows. Broil until marshmallows are golden brown, about 30-60 seconds. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours before cutting. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 135 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Really Rocky Road Brownies
"I love these brownies so much! Make sure to keep an eye on the marshmallows when you are broiling them; they get brown fast! Also it's a bit hard to cut these brownies because they are messy, I found using a knife dipped in hot water does the trick."