Really Rocky Road Brownies Recipe
From Egbert, Ontario, Brenda Wood sends this rich fudgy dessert recipe from a family reunion cookbook that she compiled. Her niece Olivia Fallon contributed the recipe.
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups butter
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add flour to chocolate mixture Stir in nuts if desired.
- 2. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in.-square baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake).
- 3. For topping: sprinkle each pan with 1 cup of marshmallows. Broil until marshmallows are golden brown, about 30-60 seconds. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours before cutting. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 135 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Really Rocky Road Brownies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC