From Waldo, Wisconsin, Lori Genske writes, "I grew tired of my family picking through a snack mix for their favorite items and leaving the rest. So I experimented using only their favorites and came up with this recipe. Now there's never any left!"
- 2 cups bite-size Shredded Wheat
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Crispix
- 1-1/2 cups salted cashew halves
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals and cashews. In a small bowl, combine the butter, oil, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to evenly coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Really Good Snack Mix in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p33
Reviews for Really Good Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2014
"4 out of 5 stars from my taste-testers. my kids appreciated that it was savory but not spicy."