A good friend and neighbor brought over this colorful blend after I returned from a hospital stay. A fast dressing adds refreshing flavor to a unique combination of ingredients that gets a head start from packaged salad and canned mandarin oranges.Gaylene Anderson, Sandy, Utah
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve salad
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, optional
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, toss the first six ingredients. Combine the
- remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 297 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.