- 3 tablespoons beef or chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the bouillon, flour and pepper. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 8 batches (1 cup total).
- To prepare gravy: In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add 2 tablespoons gravy mix. Cook and stir until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Whisk in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Reviews for Ready Gravy Mix
Sort By :
"Great flavor, plus quick and easy. Glad I have this in a pinch."
"Wonderful quick and easy! Nice to have on hand. Won't be buying the store bought mix anymore!"
"I love how easy it is to customize this recipe. I personally like this recipe better than store mixes because it doesn't have any preservatives or strange ingredients. I usually make it with vegetable bouillon & gluten free flour. I also like adding rubbed sage or poultry seasoning & onion or garlic powder."
"I needed a dry brown gravy mix for a recipe I was making. I came across this recipe when searching the internet. So glad I found it. It was great and was real good in the recipe I needed it for! I did add 1 tsp of garlic powder and 1 tsp of onion powder to the mix to give extra flavor. I put the remaining mix in a jar for future times. Thanks for sharing!"
"This is a delish gravy mix. My fav from now on!!!"