Ready Gravy Mix Recipe
- 3 tablespoons beef or chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the bouillon, flour and pepper. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 8 batches (1 cup total).
- To prepare gravy: In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add 2 tablespoons gravy mix. Cook and stir until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Whisk in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Reviews for Ready Gravy Mix(5)
Sort By :
I needed a dry brown gravy mix for a recipe I was making. I came across this recipe when searching the internet. So glad I found it. It was great and was real good in the recipe I needed it for! I did add 1 tsp of garlic powder and 1 tsp of onion powder to the mix to give extra flavor. I put the remaining mix in a jar for future times. Thanks for sharing!
This is a delish gravy mix. My fav from now on!!!
This sounds so good! I am going to make up a batch of both chicken and beef tonight. I was going to buy some gravy mixes when I go shopping but now I will have them on hand. Thanks!
This is such a time saver - and it tastes great!
This sounds easy and good. Wish I had this recipe a while back. We like gravy!