These started out as breakfast for Christmas morning. I added all the goodies that I liked on a baked potato. Another great thing is that this can be made ahead of time. One year I made a casserole with the extra mixture I had. Pair with Gallo® Family Vineyards Sonoma Reserve Chardonnay.—Taste of Home Cooking School
Recommended: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 6 to 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 to 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Additional shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; rub with oil if desired. Bake at 400° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until tender. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell. Place pulp, butter and cream cheese in a large bowl and mash. Fold in green onions, bacon, cheese and pepper. Spoon into potato shells. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with additional cheese. Let stand 3-5 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Re-baked Potatoes in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Fall 2009, p48
Reviews for Re-baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review