Razzy Jazzy Berry Tarts Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup blueberry preserves
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Drop by scant tablespoonfuls into 36 greased miniature muffin cups. With well-floured hands, press dough onto bottoms and up sides of cups; flute edges if desired.
- Bake tarts at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll remaining dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut stars with a floured 1-1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter; cut 1/4-in. stripes with a small knife. Place stars and stripes on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, combine blueberries and blueberry preserves; spoon into half of the tarts. In another bowl, combine raspberries and raspberry jam; spoon into remaining tarts. Top with cut-outs. Yield: 3 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Razzy Jazzy Berry Tarts
Sort By :
"These tarts were delicious. The dough is the easiest dough I have ever worked with. I made the dough, then my grandchildren made the tart shells, even the 4 yr old could do it. I will be making these again."
"I made these with my 2 grandchildren, ages 7 and 4. This is the easiest dough I have ever worked with. Even the 4 yr. old was able to make his own pan of tart shells. The tarts were also very delicious. We made them exactly as the recipe stated."
"These are wonderful! I have made these for several parties and never had one left. any type of pie filling works great. The pie crust is good for a whole pie also."
"These are wonderful! I have made them for several parties and never had one left. After the first time, I have made them with all kinds of pie fillings."
"I have not made it yet, but the recipe says it makes 36 tarts, and the picture shows 48 tarts????"