Razzy Jazzy Berry Tarts Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup blueberry preserves
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Drop by scant tablespoonfuls into 36 greased miniature muffin cups. With floured hands, press dough onto bottoms and up sides of cups; flute edges if desired.
- 2. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll remaining dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut stars with a floured 1-1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter; cut 1/4-in. stripes with a small knife. Place stars and stripes on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine blueberries and blueberry preserves; spoon into half of the tarts. In another bowl, combine raspberries and raspberry jam; spoon into remaining tarts. Top with cut-outs. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 tart: 122 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Razzy Jazzy Berry Tarts
"These tarts were delicious. The dough is the easiest dough I have ever worked with. I made the dough, then my grandchildren made the tart shells, even the 4 yr old could do it. I will be making these again."
"I made these with my 2 grandchildren, ages 7 and 4. This is the easiest dough I have ever worked with. Even the 4 yr. old was able to make his own pan of tart shells. The tarts were also very delicious. We made them exactly as the recipe stated."
"These are wonderful! I have made these for several parties and never had one left. any type of pie filling works great. The pie crust is good for a whole pie also."
"These are wonderful! I have made them for several parties and never had one left. After the first time, I have made them with all kinds of pie fillings."
"I have not made it yet, but the recipe says it makes 36 tarts, and the picture shows 48 tarts????"
"Sounds great of the holiday!!!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.