Razzy Jazzy Berry Tarts Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup blueberry preserves
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Drop by scant tablespoonfuls into 36 greased miniature muffin cups. With floured hands, press dough onto bottoms and up sides of cups; flute edges if desired.
- 2. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll remaining dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut stars with a floured 1-1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter; cut 1/4-in. stripes with a small knife. Place stars and stripes on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine blueberries and blueberry preserves; spoon into half of the tarts. In another bowl, combine raspberries and raspberry jam; spoon into remaining tarts. Top with cut-outs. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 tart equals 122 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.