Razorback Chili Recipe
This recipe is perfect to whip up for football season. We serve if over corn chips and top it with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese. This chili was a game-day favorite back in college after cheering on the Razorbacks. —Tamara Duncan
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 cups corn chips, optional
- 1-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, salsa and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 -45 minutes or until thickened and heated through.
- 2. Serve in bowls over corn chips if desired. Top with cheddar cheese and sour cream. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 165 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 663 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC