Razorback Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 cups corn chips, optional
- 1-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, salsa and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 -45 minutes or until thickened and heated through.
- Serve in bowls over corn chips if desired. Top with cheddar cheese and sour cream. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Razorback Chili in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p80
Reviews for Razorback Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2014
"Easy and excellent!"
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2010
"Loved it! Our kitchen is gluten-free for our Celiac daughter, no season packets for us, and this recipe has lots of flavor."
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2009
"Go Razorbacks-I live in Fayetteville, AR. Chili sounds wonderful, will try it soon."