- 1 package spice cake mix with pudding (regular size)
- 1 package (3.40 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup whiskey
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups coarsely chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- Preheat oven to 300°. Grease and flour a 10-in. tube pan.
- Combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes; fold in 1 cup nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 60-65 minutes. Cool in pan.
- For glaze, mix all ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Cool 3 minutes. Pour one-third of glaze over top of cake, allowing some to flow over sides. Let stand 1 hour. Remove from pan to cool completely; cover.
- The next day, reheat glaze; brush half over cake, cooling before covering. Repeat the following day, using remaining glaze. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Rawhide's Whiskey Cake in Taste of Home December 2016
Reviews for Rawhide's Whiskey Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review