Ravioli with Snap Peas & Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook ravioli according to package directions, adding snap peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender. Stir in milk, sage, lemon peel, lemon-pepper and white pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- 3. Add ravioli and snap peas to sauce; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese and hazelnuts. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 347 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 470 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.