- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
- In a large saucepan, cook ravioli according to package directions, adding snap peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender. Stir in milk, sage, lemon peel, lemon pepper and white pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add ravioli and snap peas to sauce; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese and hazelnuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ravioli with Snap Peas & Mushrooms
"Very good and definitely would make it again. My husband and I thought the lemon pepper was not our choice. So next time will not add it, otherwise delicious."
"I made this--my husband and I both really liked it. Beautiful presentation. We thought it had great flavor. I halved the recipe."
"I LOVE sauted mushrooms! If you must critize ..... Be a good little person and keep it to yourself."
"The taste is there if you add a little salt and Parmasan cheese to the sauce. The sauce separates, making it watery because of the lemon rind. You have to balance the taste the rind gives the dish with whether or not you can deal with the watery result."
"We love the raviolis with the snap peas and mushrooms, my entire family love it, I will do it again!"