- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
- In a large saucepan, cook ravioli according to package directions, adding snap peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender. Stir in milk, sage, lemon peel, lemon-pepper and white pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add ravioli and snap peas to sauce; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese and hazelnuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ravioli with Snap Peas & Mushrooms
Sort By :
"The taste is there if you add a little salt and Parmasan cheese to the sauce. The sauce separates, making it watery because of the lemon rind. You have to balance the taste the rind gives the dish with whether or not you can deal with the watery result."
"We love the raviolis with the snap peas and mushrooms, my entire family love it, I will do it again!"
"I loved this pasta dish. I really enjoyed the uniqueness of the sugar snap peas. The sauce was too thin for my liking, so I added a couple of teaspoons of corn starch to thicken it up and it turned out perfect."
"Very yummy! Loved the flavor of the lemon with the sage. Sauce was thin, but worked just fine."
"Very rare for kids after dinner to comment without asking. "Awesome" I did add a handful of shredded carrots to pasta & peas for color. With salad & fresh bread enough to feed 10. Used extra large mushroom slices for low water content. Sauce was perfect."