Ravioli with Shrimp Tomato Sauce Recipe
I came up with this recipe after I sampled a similar dish when my husband and I went out to dinner to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Now I make it at home often. When I'm not re-creating recipes, I'm busy quilting, crafting and keeping up with our four children and five grandkids.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole clove
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) fresh or frozen cheese ravioli
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Place tomatoes in a blender, cover and process until pureed; add to onion mixture. Stir in the brown sugar, bay leaf, clove, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook ravioli according to package directions. Remove and discard bay leaf and clove from the sauce. Reduce heat; gradually stir in cream. Add shrimp; heat through. Drain ravioli; top with the sauce, cheese and chives. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Ravioli with Shrimp Tomato Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC