Ravioli with Creamy Squash Sauce Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. Cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Add squash and spinach; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Stir in cream, broth and salt. Bring to a gentle boil; cook for 6-8 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Drain ravioli; add to squash mixture. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 671 calories, 51 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.