- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Add squash and spinach; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Stir in cream, broth and salt. Bring to a gentle boil; cook for 6-8 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain ravioli; add to squash mixture. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ravioli with Creamy Squash Sauce
Sort By :
"This recipe is delicious! I made it for my family on Christmas Eve night and they absolutely loved it! I used fresh winter squash because I could not find frozen winter squash. Absolutely awesome! !!!! I will make this again and again..."
"This is very delicious! It could easily be seen on a menu of a great Italian restaurant. Not every grocery store sells frozen winter squash (it is pureed)- I had to look around and finally found it at Schnucks, Birds Eye brand. This dish needs more salt for our taste- would probably add 1 tsp next time. I did not add the walnuts because it was served as a side dish but could easily be an entree with the nuts. I also purchased frozen cheese ravioli because it was so much cheaper than the refrigerated. I boiled it according to directions on package and then added to the squash sauce. Also used fat-free skim milk instead of heavy cream to lighten it up and it was fine! Will make ove and over again!"