Ravioli Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomatoes, tomato paste, onions, parsley, garlic, basil, sugar, oregano, onion salt, salt, pepper and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain. Add to soup and heat through. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with additional parsley if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Ravioli Soup(15)
Sort By :
I really loved the sauce that makes up the soup!! The flavor was excellent, and even my little girl said it was very good! :)
very good everyone liked it.
The soup had a good flavor, but more to the consistency of a spagetti pasta than a soup. Probably would not make it again as a soup.
Great thick and flavorful soup! I halved the recipe to feed my family of 6. I only had cheese tortellini on hand so I used that instead of ravioli and used the whole 9 oz. packages, the amount was perfect. I left out the tomato paste and used a 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes and added 1/2 cup beef broth and enough water to equal a soupish consistency. Very yummy, and super easy! :D
I made this recipe as written with the following exceptions: onion powder instead of onion, dried parsley, and a 24 oz. bag of frozen ravioli. It made a nice, thick soup with plenty of ravioli. Will definitely make again.