Ravioli Soup Recipe
My family's love of pasta dishes inspired my to create this thick and hearty soup. People always rave about the rich tomato base and tender pockets of cheese-filled ravioli.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomatoes, tomato paste, onions, parsley, garlic, basil, sugar, oregano, onion salt, salt, pepper and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain. Add to soup and heat through. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with additional parsley if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup equals 235 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Ravioli Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC