Ravioli Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 ounce prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and prosciutto over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water; bring to a boil. Add ravioli. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until ravioli is tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with cheese. Simmer, uncovered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ravioli Skillet
"This was quick and delicious! There are only two of us, so there were leftovers, but not because we didn't like it. I am taking this with me to work tomorrow. I used refrigerated ravioli and just adjusted the time."
"Took longer than it says here, but it was really easy and good."
"I use ground italian sausage...YUM! added mushrooms and onions."
"Very good!! It is easy to assemble so it can be made when time is limited. My husband and I both liked it and we usually don't like a lot of the same foods so this recipe is a keeper!"
"too much cheese for me"
"this dish is so simple to make and the taste is out of this world! This is one of my husbands favorite dishes, he's always asking when i will make it again for him! Also makes great left overs."
"Very good!! I prefer a spicier sauce, so I added garlic, basil, Italian seasonings, and onions. I will definitely make this again with the above changes."
"Replaced water with red wine."
"This was by far the best ravioli I have had. My husband and I both loved it! This is one we set aside for definite future use!!"
"I sauteed (in 2 tablespoons olive oil) extra lean ground turkey with 1/3 cup chopped onion and 1 minced clove garlic. Then I added 1 cup frozen tri-colored peppers and sauteed until all the juices evaporated. The turkey made the prosciutto (1/3 cup) flavor more pronounced. I added Trader Joe's vodka spaghetti sauce and topped it off with a sprinkle of grated romano cheese. This is a very nice recipe - so versatile!"
"Made this last night for dinner. Everyone loved it. I used the frozen chopped onions & peppers and some deli ham but I will try the prosciutto next time. I think it would be more flavorful or I just didn't use enough of the ham as it didn't give any added flavor. I made a side order of pasta just in case they didn't like this but the pasta was left over. It was delicious"
"This makes a nice hearty meal. I used a little deli ham and a little pepperoni - I didn't really think it added that much to the recipe though. I also added an onion and used a little extra water. I would make it again!"