In Oceanside, California, Lois McAtee relies on frozen vegetables and ravioli to hurry along this colorful main dish. It's pleasantly seasoned with minced garlic and fresh parsley.
- 4 cups frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Italian vegetables, thawed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute vegetables in oil for 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, saute for 1 minute longer or until garlic is tender.
- Stir in broth. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain pasta. Add to vegetables mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ravioli Primavera in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ravioli Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2011
"FANTASTIC! It was fast to make start to finish too! Even my 1 year old son loved it! This has made our monthly menu for sure!"