In Oceanside, California, Lois McAtee relies on frozen vegetables and ravioli to hurry along this colorful main dish. It's pleasantly seasoned with minced garlic and fresh parsley.
- 4 cups frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Italian vegetables, thawed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute vegetables in oil for 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, saute for 1 minute longer or until garlic is tender.
- Stir in broth. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain pasta. Add to vegetables mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ravioli Primavera in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ravioli Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2011
"FANTASTIC! It was fast to make start to finish too! Even my 1 year old son loved it! This has made our monthly menu for sure!"