- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen sausage or cheese ravioli
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer a third of the spaghetti sauce, half of the ravioli and beef, and 1/2 cup cheese; repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ravioli Lasagna
"Simply fantastic. Used Italian sausage instead of ground beef. Too easy."
"Where can you buy the "Frozen Cheese Ravioli"?"
"Absolutely FANTASTIC! This recipe is so versatile that can be altered with different ingredients according to ones liking. I made it for dinner last night & my husband kept on raving about it. Here are my changes, used ground turkey (dietary restrictions) instead of beef, portobello mushroom ravioli & low fat shredded Italian blend cheese, little Romano cheese, Tuscan herb mixture. Cooked the ground turkey then added the pasta sauce to it in the same pot. Followed the recipe from there & sprinkled 2 tablespoons of grated Romano cheese on top. I made this yesterday morning and left it in the fridge, brought it to room temp. 2 hours before baking. Frankly, I rather make this than lasagna, since its easier, lighter & tastier. Patricia, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful recipe. This is a keeper in my recipe file."
"I agree with Southern Master. Seems like lately a lot of people who haven't made the recipes are just using the recipes as soap boxes to trash the salt content and not rate the recipe. Go to low or no salt recipe websites and let the people who want to try the recipes do it."