Creamy Alfredo sauce tops ravioli in this savory main course from Ronda Weirich. The Liberal, Kansas cook gives it great crowd-appeal with a topping of crisp bacon crumbles. This tempting meal is just five ingredients away!
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried basil
- Pepper to taste
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings.
- Stir the Alfredo sauce, milk and basil into drippings; heat through. Drain ravioli; add to sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon and pepper. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Ravioli Carbonara in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p30
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ravioli Carbonara
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2013
"This was delicious. It has become one of my favorite recipes."