Ravioli on a stick is a tasty appetizer everyone talks about. They’re simple, easy and fun. You can use packaged dipping sauces, or make your own. Get my recipes on my blog, thehopelesshousewife.com. —Erika Monroe-Williams, Scottsdale, Arizona
Featured In: Handheld Recipes for Busy People On-The-Go
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- Oil for frying
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 42 lollipop sticks
- Warm marinara sauce and prepared pesto
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and seasonings. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip ravioli in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In an electric or large skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry ravioli, a few at a time, 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. If desired, immediately sprinkle with cheese. Carefully insert a lollipop stick into back of each ravioli. Serve warm with marinara sauce and pesto. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Ravioli Appetizer Pops in Simple & Delicious February/March 2015
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ravioli Appetizer Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review