- ketchup, salt, lemon peel, thyme, pepper, cinnamon and cloves until
- Gradually stir in the broth, wine and reserved pear juice. Add bay
- leaf and beef. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1
- Add sweet potatoes; cover and simmer 30 minutes longer or until
- potatoes and beef are tender. Stir in raisins and pears; heat
- through. Discard bay leaf. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 10 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.