Rave-Review Red Potato Salad Recipe
My husband really flipped over this deliciously different potato salad the first time he tasted it. An oil and vinegar marinade gives the potatoes a wonderful flavor boost. This recipe is one of my most-requested.—Dorothy Bateman, Carver, Massachusetts
- 10 medium red potatoes, peeled
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper or cucumber
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook until tender, 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chives, oil, vinegar, onion and pepper; mix well. Drain potatoes; cool slightly. Cut into cubes; add to oil mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and yogurt; chill. Just before serving, fold the mayonnaise mixture, celery and green pepper into potato salad. Yield: 12 servings.
One 2/3-cup serving equals 152 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC