My husband really flipped over this deliciously different potato salad the first time he tasted it. An oil and vinegar marinade gives the potatoes a wonderful flavor boost. This recipe is one of my most-requested.—Dorothy Bateman, Carver, Massachusetts
- 10 medium red potatoes, peeled
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper or cucumber
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook until tender, 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chives, oil, vinegar, onion and pepper; mix well. Drain potatoes; cool slightly. Cut into cubes; add to oil mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and yogurt; chill. Just before serving, fold the mayonnaise mixture, celery and green pepper into potato salad. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Rave-Review Potato Salad in Easy Cooking for Diabetics 2007, p49
Reviews for Rave-Review Red Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review