Rave-Review Potato Salad Recipe
- 10 medium red potatoes, peeled
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper or cucumber
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook until tender, 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chives, oil, vinegar, onion, salt if desired and pepper; mix well. Drain potatoes; cool slightly. Cut into cubes; add to oil mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and yogurt; chill. Just before serving, fold the mayonnaise mixture, celery and green pepper into potato salad. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Rave-Review Potato Salad
Sort By :
"I discovered this recipes quite a few years ago and have made it religiously ever since. It's our families favorite and a favorite at every pot luck I take it to. I always double it for the Pot Lucks and I never have any left to take home and am always getting asked for the recipe."
"Delicious! I used 1/4 cup cucumber and 1/4 cup green pepper. Also tossed in some "real" bacon bits and some parmesan."