Rave Review Coconut Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, blend cake mix with pudding, water, eggs and oil. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in coconut and nuts. Pour into three greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched in center. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove to rack to complete cooling.
- 2. For frosting, melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet; add coconut and stir constantly over low heat until golden brown. Spread coconut on absorbent paper towel to cool. Cream remaining 2 tablespoons butter with cream cheese, milk and vanilla. Add sugar, beating well to blend. Stir in 1-1/2 cups toasted coconut; spread on top and sides of cake. Sprinkle remaining coconut over cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 442 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Rave Review Coconut Cake
"I have made this cake many times and it is probably my very favorite cake. Toasting the coconut for the frosting cuts the sweetness a bit giving this cake perfect balance. The coconut and nuts in the batter add a delicious texture. My Mom made this cake for years and has the original clipping! It is the staple Easter dessert in our house but I make it throughout the year. As a Volunteer Field Editor I highly recommend this cake for any occasion."
"This cake is one of my favorites. When I really want to wow a crowd this is the one I use. It keeps very well. It gets better and more moist every day."
"I like this"
"i made it for a coconut lover and she loved it, it wasnt too sweet just right. also the cake was pretty spongey. didnt make any frosting"
"Love this cake. So moist and yummy. Have made it several times. It has a place in my family cookbook with my favorite recipes I return to again and again."
"Please delete this comment.Thank you"
"I was asked to bake a coconut cake for Easter. I'm not a good cake baker and I don't care for coconut. This cake was wonderful! Huge, very moist and we all had second helpings. It was a huge hit."