- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, blend cake mix with pudding, water, eggs and oil. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in coconut and nuts. Pour into three greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched in center. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove to rack to complete cooling.
- For frosting, melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet; add coconut and stir constantly over low heat until golden brown. Spread coconut on absorbent paper towel to cool. Cream remaining 2 tablespoons butter with cream cheese, milk and vanilla. Add sugar, beating well to blend. Stir in 1-1/2 cups toasted coconut; spread on top and sides of cake. Sprinkle remaining coconut over cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Rave Review Coconut Cake in Country June/July 1990, p51
Reviews for Rave Review Coconut Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2014
"This cake is one of my favorites. When I really want to wow a crowd this is the one I use. It keeps very well. It gets better and more moist every day."
Reviewed May. 21, 2014
"I like this"