- oil as needed. Transfer vegetables to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking
- In the same skillet, saute onions and garlic until tender; spoon over
- eggplant mixture. Brown sausage in the skillet; drain. Cover and
- cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute green peppers for 3 minutes. Add
- the tomatoes, water and seasonings; cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. drain sausage; place
- over onions. Top with green pepper mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese;
- bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 cups
- ratatouille and 8 sausages.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without sausage) equals 345 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 929 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.