Ratatouille with Polenta Recipe
- 1/2 pound small fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups cubed peeled eggplant
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, pepper and onion in 2 teaspoons oil until almost tender. Add the eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt. Saute for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In another skillet, cook polenta slices in remaining oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with ratatouille; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ratatouille with Polenta(6)
Sort By :
I make this dish every summer for my family. Very flavorful and healthy. We love it! I have served it over couscous as well as polenta.
Great recipe to use up summer vegetables. We didn't have polenta so we served it over cheese grits, delicious!
A great idea to use the polenta, but I thought the veg needed more flavor. So the second time I made this. I roasted the veg in the oven, adding the garlic and tomatoes toward the end of the cooking time. Much richer flavor. A real keeper!
It's so easy to make. Plus it's meat free, so I can serve it to my many vegetarian friends.
Both the Ratatouille & the Polenta were a 'first' for our family. I made the Ratatouille as directed, but did not peel the eggplant since I was using baby eggplants and find that they are more tender than the larger variety. I would definitely use the polenta with this dish - just be sure to brown/crisp the outside by broiling, grilling, or frying. It really adds a nice touch and a different texture to the ratatouille. This dish turned out delicious! Simple but very satisfying!! My family really enjoyed it and told me the recipe was one to keep.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >