- 1/2 pound small fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups cubed peeled eggplant
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, pepper and onion in 2 teaspoons oil until almost tender. Add the eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt. Saute for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In another skillet, cook polenta slices in remaining oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with ratatouille; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ratatouille with Polenta
Sort By :
"I make this about once a month. Last night I mad it and had leftovers so today I took some of the vegetables and warmed them in a skillet, added two scrambled eggs and had a delish and filling breakfast!"
"I make this dish every summer for my family. Very flavorful and healthy. We love it! I have served it over couscous as well as polenta."
"Great recipe to use up summer vegetables. We didn't have polenta so we served it over cheese grits, delicious!"
"A great idea to use the polenta, but I thought the veg needed more flavor. So the second time I made this. I roasted the veg in the oven, adding the garlic and tomatoes toward the end of the cooking time. Much richer flavor. A real keeper!"
"It's so easy to make. Plus it's meat free, so I can serve it to my many vegetarian friends."