- 1/2 pound small fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups cubed peeled eggplant
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, pepper and onion in 2 teaspoons oil until almost tender. Add the eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt. Saute for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In another skillet, cook polenta slices in remaining oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with ratatouille; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ratatouille with Polenta
Sort By :
I make this about once a month. Last night I mad it and had leftovers so today I took some of the vegetables and warmed them in a skillet, added two scrambled eggs and had a delish and filling breakfast!
I make this dish every summer for my family. Very flavorful and healthy. We love it! I have served it over couscous as well as polenta.
Great recipe to use up summer vegetables. We didn't have polenta so we served it over cheese grits, delicious!
A great idea to use the polenta, but I thought the veg needed more flavor. So the second time I made this. I roasted the veg in the oven, adding the garlic and tomatoes toward the end of the cooking time. Much richer flavor. A real keeper!
It's so easy to make. Plus it's meat free, so I can serve it to my many vegetarian friends.