Ratatouille with a Twist Recipe
Before this variation came along, my family always ate ratatouille as a veggie. My husband’s suggestion to incorporate sausage turned out to be a big hit, and now it’s an entree. Try using sweet Italian sausages if you'd like less heat. —Susan Tremblay, Berlin, New Hampshire
- 4 hot Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut-up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, cook sausages until no longer pink. Cut into 1/2-in. slices; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the zucchini, tomatoes, soup, onion, garlic, basil and oregano. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until flavors are blended. Serve with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ratatouille with a Twist in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p45
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ratatouille with a Twist(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review