Ratatouille Sausage Saute Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the eggplant, zucchini and green pepper; saute 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Stir in the tomato, salt, basil, oregano and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups (prepared with smoked turkey kielbasa) equals 247 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,748 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.