Ratatouille Quiche Recipe
No one refuses to eat their vegetables when you serve this colorful quiche. My family loves the rich flavors that develop when the veggies caramelize. —Lily Julow, Gainesville, Florida
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 small eggplant, peeled
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Finely chop the eggplant, zucchini, green pepper, tomato and onion. In a large skillet, saute vegetables in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to prepared pastry; sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper; pour over cheese. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 481 calories, 32 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 275 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC