- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 small eggplant, peeled
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Finely chop the eggplant, zucchini, green pepper, tomato and onion. In a large skillet, saute vegetables in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to prepared pastry; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper; pour over cheese. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ratatouille Quiche in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p28
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Ratatouille Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review